Sunday 9 August 2015

July Favourites


Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser
Revlon Colourburst Lipstick - 030 Fuchsia
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish - 37 Rossetto (?)
Not That Kind Of Girl - Lena Dunham
St Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body Lotion

 I know this is late and I've been away for a little while (settling into new job and new role all exciting and time consuming) but I believe I haven't missed one of these since February (?) so better late than never.

 This month I have been experimenting with lip colour and I've really enjoyed it and discovering which shades actually suit me and which ones I should really never wear again. So I've put away the nudes and been bold, bright and brilliant, and these two have been my favourite of this month. They're the Rimmel Kate in Rossetto I think it's called, but it's 37, that's clear, and the Revlon Colourbust in Fuchsia. I've actually had the Revlon lipstick for ages, just never really worn it that much, and the Kate was a purchase from earlier on in the month when I was on the hunt for a fun flirty shade to wear for a festival I went to last month, which was unreal.

 I have used the Clinique Anti Blemish 3-step ever since I was a young teenager and it really helped with my skin, but I wanted something new and fresh in my life. I bought into the Liz Earle Cloth Cleanser a few months back and love love it, so I looked to the Liz Earle stand to show me the way to my new fresh face. The woman recommended these two products, the Instant Boost Tonic and the Skin Repair Moisturiser in Light. They. Are. Amazing. My skin really feels so rejuvenated and vibrant. They're a god send!

 I do not tan naturally. Since my friend introduced me to sunbeds in my first year of uni, I was, well, not addicted, but I liked going on them frequently and felt sad and incomplete if I hadn't had a few in a week. Only during the summer months I sunbed'd, but I did it quite a lot. This year however I said no to myself after reading one scary article too many and have sworn off the sunbeds (maybe not forever, I'll try to anyway) so this summer I have embraced the fake tan. I suck at applying and upkeeping fake tan. I suck at it so so so much. It's so much effort and no matter how hard I try, it always ends up streaky and flakey and disgusting. So I went full out and got St Tropez (usually St Moritz) and it's actually working out not toooooo badly. The Gradual Tan works a lot better for me than the other tan I bought from them (see post here). It comes up really well and it's a lot of pain to apply and upkeep and the colour is natural and nice.

 Finally for this months favourites is this book which I have wanted to purchase for months and months. It finally came out on paperback, I saw it in Waterstones, the rest is history. It's 'Not that Kind of Girl' by Lena Dunham. I loved her so much in Girls so I just had to read this. I read a massive chunk of this book on a train journey to Brighton with my boyfriend the other day and I couldn't stop laughing. One bit really tickled me, it was something about social media I think, but it was jokes and I'm really enjoying it, and reading again as a whole! I also read the Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter recently which was a good read and also visually enjoyable.

 Thanks for reading! Please leave and comment and follow for more from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment